CRP Airport Meaning
If you're looking for the airport which CRP stands for, you've come to the right place. Here on acronym.io, we define the meanings of all kinds of acronyms, abbreviations and initialisms, including those of airports such as CRP. On this page you will find the CRP meaning, as well as what CRP stands for.
CRP stands for Corpus Christi International Airport
Located in Corpus Christi / Kingsville, Texas, CRP (Corpus Christi International Airport) is classified as a small hub airport by the FAA. You can check out more of CRP's characteristics and attributes below, including its airport code, location indicator and location identifier.
Corpus Christi International Airport (CRP) Characteristics:
- City: Corpus Christi / Kingsville
- State: Texas
- FAA: Corpus Christi International Airport
- IATA: CRP
- ICAO: KCRP
- Role: P-S
The city and state are where the airport is located, although an airport is sometimes outside of the boundaries city in which it's listed.
The "FAA" refers to the airport's location identifier, which is assigned by the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration).
The "IATA" refers to the airport code, which is assigned by the IATA (International Air Transport Association). Airports usually share the same FAA and IATA, though some do not.
The "ICAO" refers to the airport's location indicator, which assigned by the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization).
CRP is a commercial airport, and as such, is designated as a primary (P) airport by the FAA. All primary airports, inlcuding CRP, are grouped into four categories (hubs) by the FAA:
- P-N: Nonhub airport (has more than 10,000 annual enplanements, but less than 0.05% of total U.S. annual enplanements)
- P-S: Small hub airport (between 0.05% and 0.25% of U.S. annual enplanements)
- P-M: Medium hub airport (between 0.25 and 1% of U.S. annual enplanements)
- P-L: Large hub airport (at least 1% of U.S. annual enplanements)
CRP meaning is Corpus Christi International Airport.
Corpus Christi International Airport can be abbreviated as CRP.