LNY Airport Meaning
If you're looking for the airport which LNY stands for, you've come to the right place. Here on acronym.io, we define the meanings of all kinds of acronyms, abbreviations and initialisms, including those of airports such as LNY. On this page you will find the LNY meaning, as well as what LNY stands for.
LNY stands for Lanai Airport (Lānaʻi Airport)
Located in Lanai City (Lānaʻi City), Hawaii, LNY (Lanai Airport (Lānaʻi Airport)) is classified as a nonhub airport by the FAA. You can check out more of LNY's characteristics and attributes below, including its airport code, location indicator and location identifier.
Lanai Airport (Lānaʻi Airport) (LNY) Characteristics:
- City: Lanai City (Lānaʻi City)
- State: Hawaii
- FAA: Lanai Airport (Lānaʻi Airport)
- IATA: LNY
- ICAO: PHNY
- Role: P-N
The city and state are where the airport is located, although an airport is sometimes outside of the boundaries city in which it's listed.
The "FAA" refers to the airport's location identifier, which is assigned by the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration).
The "IATA" refers to the airport code, which is assigned by the IATA (International Air Transport Association). Airports usually share the same FAA and IATA, though some do not.
The "ICAO" refers to the airport's location indicator, which assigned by the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization).
LNY is a commercial airport, and as such, is designated as a primary (P) airport by the FAA. All primary airports, inlcuding LNY, are grouped into four categories (hubs) by the FAA:
- P-N: Nonhub airport (has more than 10,000 annual enplanements, but less than 0.05% of total U.S. annual enplanements)
- P-S: Small hub airport (between 0.05% and 0.25% of U.S. annual enplanements)
- P-M: Medium hub airport (between 0.25 and 1% of U.S. annual enplanements)
- P-L: Large hub airport (at least 1% of U.S. annual enplanements)
LNY meaning is Lanai Airport (Lānaʻi Airport).
Lanai Airport (Lānaʻi Airport) can be abbreviated as LNY.