SGU Airport Meaning
If you're looking for the airport which SGU stands for, you've come to the right place. Here on acronym.io, we define the meanings of all kinds of acronyms, abbreviations and initialisms, including those of airports such as SGU. On this page you will find the SGU meaning, as well as what SGU stands for.
SGU stands for St. George Regional Airport (opened 2011)
Located in St. George / Beaver, Utah, SGU (St. George Regional Airport (opened 2011)) is classified as a airport by the FAA. You can check out more of SGU's characteristics and attributes below, including its airport code, location indicator and location identifier.
St. George Regional Airport (opened 2011) (SGU) Characteristics:
- City: St. George / Beaver
- State: Utah
- FAA: St. George Regional Airport (opened 2011)
- IATA: SGU
- ICAO: KSGU
- Role: P-N [nb 4]
The city and state are where the airport is located, although an airport is sometimes outside of the boundaries city in which it's listed.
The "FAA" refers to the airport's location identifier, which is assigned by the FAA (Federal Aviation Administration).
The "IATA" refers to the airport code, which is assigned by the IATA (International Air Transport Association). Airports usually share the same FAA and IATA, though some do not.
The "ICAO" refers to the airport's location indicator, which assigned by the ICAO (International Civil Aviation Organization).
SGU is a commercial airport, and as such, is designated as a primary (P) airport by the FAA. All primary airports, inlcuding SGU, are grouped into four categories (hubs) by the FAA:
- P-N: Nonhub airport (has more than 10,000 annual enplanements, but less than 0.05% of total U.S. annual enplanements)
- P-S: Small hub airport (between 0.05% and 0.25% of U.S. annual enplanements)
- P-M: Medium hub airport (between 0.25 and 1% of U.S. annual enplanements)
- P-L: Large hub airport (at least 1% of U.S. annual enplanements)
SGU meaning is St. George Regional Airport (opened 2011).
St. George Regional Airport (opened 2011) can be abbreviated as SGU.